Peters Buffalo Wings
Get your laughing gear around these delicious buffalo wings
Author: Nonna and Mama
Recipe type: Dinner/Snack
- 2 lbs chicken wings (about 12 wings)
- 3 Tbsp butter, melted
- 4 Tbsp bottled hot pepper sauce (like Crystal or Frank's Original)
- 1 Tbsp paprika
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ½ teaspoon cayenne pepper
- ¼ teaspoon black pepper
- Celery sticks (optional)
- Blue cheese dip
- ½ cup sour cream
- ½ cup crumbled blue cheese
- ½ cup mayonnaise
- 1 Tbsp white wine vinegar or white vinegar
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- Cut off wing tips (discard or reserve for other use such as making stock). Cut wings at the joint. Put chicken wing pieces in a plastic bag. Set aside. Food safety note: when cutting raw chicken it is best to use a cutting board reserved just for cutting raw chicken. Wash thoroughly when finished. Do not let raw chicken juices come in contact with other food.
- Create a marinade by stirring together the melted butter, hot pepper sauce, paprika, salt, cayenne pepper and black pepper. Pour all but 2 tablespoons of the marinade over the chicken pieces in the plastic bag. (Reserve marinade for coating after the pieces come out of the oven.) Seal bag and let marinate at room temperature for half an hour. When marinating is finished, drain marinade and discard bag.
- Place wing pieces on the rack of a broiler pan. Broil 4 to 5 inches from the heat for about 10 minutes on each side, until chicken is tender and no longer pink. Remove from oven and baste with reserved marinade.
- Blue cheese dip
- Combine dip ingredients - sour cream, mayonnaise, blue cheese, vinegar, and garlic - in a blender or food processor. Blend or pulse until smooth. Cover and chill up to a week.
Recipe sourced from: http://www.simplyrecipes.com